Smart phones are our constant companions, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature accordingly.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. The majority of smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Precision Mechanical in Rapid City at 605-206-3766. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.