As we get further in to November and the temperature begins to dip, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to turn the heat on. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when you need to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a call at 605-206-3766 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t think twice about giving Precision Mechanical in Rapid City a call at 605-206-3766. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.