Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Rapid City summer, have the professionals at Precision Mechanical perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illicitly freeing it to the environment.
- Look for efficient airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Precision Mechanical today at 605-206-2564.