Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Rapid City is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Precision Mechanical always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace it per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Precision Mechanical in Rapid City at 605-206-3766 today.