You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a great way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Precision Mechanical have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the new temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Precision Mechanical technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 605-206-3766.