Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Rapid City during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Precision Mechanical will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Precision Mechanical at 605-206-3766 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.