When it’s chilly in Rapid City you depend on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might require a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Precision Mechanical.
1. Your furnace is loud. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few particular problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your house.
4. Your utility bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could signal several different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at Precision Mechanical will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.