During the cold Rapid City months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Precision Mechanical will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Precision Mechanical as soon as possible if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Precision Mechanical can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Precision Mechanical at 605-206-2564 or arrange an appointment with us online.