If you want to stay warm during the chilly months in Rapid City, your heat pump will need some maintenance to keep working at its best. If you’ve already planned your once a year tune-up with Precision Mechanical, you’re right on schedule. Don’t worry if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance tricks to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can hurt your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters routinely and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s an easy way to improve the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the area around your outdoor unit if clutter has gathered or plants have dominated the area.
- To check that your system is working properly, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump turn on. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or schedule an appointment with us.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to make an appointment with one of our professionals, call Precision Mechanical at [[phonenumber]] or arrange an appointment online.